As I watched the presidential debate that occurred Friday night at the University of Mississippi, I realized several things about the candidates that I never noticed before. As both Senator McCain and Senator Obama were asked the opening questions about the economic downfall that is happening right now in America, I noticed that Obama was trying to connect McCain with the Bush administration and their failure to keep the economy strong. Obama tried to use the technique of linking McCain with the frowned upon Bush administration, in a way putting fear into the American people that John McCain will follow the policies of George Bush. McCain mostly focused on the plan of the 700 billion dollar bailout whereas Obama focused on the underlying issues of why the economy is in this crisis now, and how he will CHANGE old policies to make America a strong economic power. McCain also used the strategy of talking about past experience and past voting records, stating "look at the record." Obama rocked the first half an hour of the debate as a confident and strong orator and constantly reassuring the citizens of the United States that the economy is one of the top priorities for him. Although I am for Obama, I must say John McCain seemed experienced and knowledgeable when talking about foreign policies. In conclusion I do not believe there was a clear winner in the debate, although Obama seemed to be more focused on the camera, more engaged, and constantly making directly eye contact with us viewers. This debate did not seem to win the hearts of the undecided, but I'm sure the vice presidential debate will be an exciting thing to watch next.
All For Now,
-K
No comments:
Post a Comment